Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWhy wasn't this your original post?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28014
28014, Why wasn't this your original post?
Posted by nahymsa, Tue Nov-23-99 01:31 PM
You might've gotten a better response.<P>I'm kinda curious about the point & purpose of this movie, who's behind it, the director and how it'll portray the disturbances & the black people of the community. Blacks in Crown Heights still haven't shaken off the misinformation delivered by the media about the "riots", and I don't think the murdered children ever received justice or even attention due (though you frequently hear about Yankel Rosenbaum). <P>As far as the interracial theme (if my understanding of the plot & subject of the film is correct), I doubt the movie would've gotten made if it were about a black couple in the midst of a black/eurojew conflict...I mean picture that. I'm not sure why Tariq choose to debut in this film but I can only assume that he's comfortable with the what he's doing and the tone of the movie. <P>People do like to front though like you shouldn't question the point of this interracial relationship but I have a sneaky suspicion that if this was a homosexual relationship being discussed most of them would be like "why, Tariq??!!". <P>Anyway, you might want to check the archives & Quest's post and subsequent discussion about the West Indian Parade.