Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectK, you're not the only one :-(
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27949&mesg_id=27978
27978, K, you're not the only one :-(
Posted by guest, Thu Dec-02-99 04:06 AM
>>I'm stunned ... <BR>>>I've got very mixed feelings about this. <BR>> well krew, i too had thoughts <BR>>about this.<P>So did I.<P>>had on "doing something". but again. <BR>>this night isn't about me. my <P>Yeah, it's about you too, don't be too humble.<P>>you look at it......everything done in <BR>>life has some pros and cons <BR>>krew....i'm sure the jeans you have <BR>>on were stiched by some kid <BR>>for .04 cents an hour, or <BR>>perhaps the lights in your room <BR>>were made by the same company <BR>>that denied that they were doing <BR>>business with south africa......trust me. just <P>Nah, bad argument to make to krewcial. He's one of the only people i know that actually care about this stuff and try to 'consume' consciously. But the argument stands, there's always a pro and a con. But this is something else than buying those jeans. You being there is some sort of a statement, it's a (semi-?)public performance.<P>>because i'm in the white house <BR>>don't mean that i don't know <BR>>what time it is <P>We know that, but i don't agree with most of the "great"-posts. It's good for you, but i would have preferred it if you didn't do it, or you did "something" (but who am i anyway). It doesn't change anything about my appreciating your music. I mean, I love Gunther Grass, the german writer that got the nobel prize for litterature last year, but I prefer Sartre's reaction when he got one (refused) or Marlon Brando's when he got an oscar (sent his daughter to expose the dramatic situation of the Native American Indians), because they took the opportunity to make a statement.<P>Peter