Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWhite House Security
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27949&mesg_id=27961
27961, White House Security
Posted by guest, Wed Dec-01-99 10:39 AM
rare, true indeed...I actually had an experience with the White House staff two months ago. I was able to drive in the presidential caravan here in LA (the back up medic, official photographer, food services, trip director were in my van. I got to shake hands with the Prez. <P>But it's funny that you say you're at the safest place possible. I felt the same way also, but at the same time you don't. It's like a paradox, you feel safe being with all these Secret Service people, but at the same time you realize the prez is a major target and that you've never been surrounded by so much arms, (long range rifles, SS issued pistols)...They will screen you down and have a dog search the vehicle you're in. So make sure don't bring any "contraband." <P>Speaking of Y2K mishaps, the US and RUssia agreed to let each other's people watchover each other's nuclear launch sites. Just in case the US or RUssia takes advantage of any Y2K misadventures. Some of our guys are going over there and some of their guys are coming over here, for good measure.<P>So is it safe, yes and no. The real safest place in the whole world would be an underground shelter.<P>No Rootsenium, but instead a Willenium??!!!?<P>just a suggestion ROOTS TV VOLUME II: THe BAM/ Prince Show & White House footage...<P>Rock the Casbah, I guess<P><P><P><BR>"I used to work there and I still eat there."