Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthere are a few but mostly ones youll didnt mention.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27901&mesg_id=27946
27946, there are a few but mostly ones youll didnt mention.
Posted by guest, Mon Dec-13-99 04:41 PM
First off let me say I agree with the people who mentioned "the session" but I dont think it was meant to be a dope joint it was about making history as the longest posse cut in history.Now seeing as though alot of roots songs I have witnessed come together I hope Im not to biased.But my all time favorite roots song to hate is "The good,the bad,the desolated from the high school high soundtrack reason being it ws originally going to be a hot song with me and tariq ill admit it was a little to r&b for some of you hard core heads but it cold have been good for the time.Needless to say it wound up revamped as the hypnotic on illadlph halflife.But all of that aside I hated the idea of the a&r of the soundtrack calling us on the phone in the studio telling us the song we had submitted was not cutting it and we should smoke some more weed.Which is probably what happened and I just hated the reggae chanter he was down with the fugees and the roots were practically at war with them at the time.Thats the history sorry this turned out so long it was really no way to shorten it.Some may think im just bitter which i may be to some degree, but the roots have put me on many a song for which i am eternally grateful and of course this is not meant to bite the hand that feeds you especially when i took home a gold record from the high school high soundtrack but I just hate that song in a nutshell.well what do I know listen back for yourselves P.s the roots cover of the show by slick rick and dougie fresh it was great in the live show but it just didnt translate well on tape.Fatin