Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectecko
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27901&mesg_id=27934
27934, ecko
Posted by guest, Sun Dec-12-99 08:22 PM
>i understand that everyone is entitled to <BR>>their own opinion, but no matter <BR>>how hard i try to be <BR>>openminded i can't grasp how anyone <BR>>could list any track from Do <BR>>you want more (especially Silent treatment <BR>>and lazy afternoon). That is without <BR>>a doubt a CLASSIC from start <BR>>to finish. what's the deal? why <BR>>do so many people seem to <BR>>diss the tracks that have a <BR>>heavier jazz influence?<P>I gotta say I agree with your sentiments (well okay, i don't HAVE to say it, but i did, so there). Everything off of DYWM is dope in its own way to me. It may not be as immediately gratifying as other material, but every track from start to finish is in it's rightful place, IMHO.<P>As far as Roots tracks I don't feel 100%, I'll say these:<P>"It Just Don't Stop"<BR>"The 'Notic" (live version is incredible, original is just OK)<BR>"Feel Muh Heat"<BR>"Without A Doubt"<BR>"The Spark" (would've been more in place on Illadelph Halflife...but knowing the origins of the track, i understand)<BR>"You Got the Touch"<P>...and that's about it.<P>________________________________________<BR>Dr. Squeegee ~ This is my new signature.