Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectokay, but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27881&mesg_id=27900
27900, okay, but
Posted by mke, Thu Dec-02-99 12:37 AM
>Mke - I tried that whole bitch <BR>>vs. women thing back in the <BR>>day. Self-love eliminates all that. <P>I didn't say he used the word in relation to women, but to the type of music, to further criticise it.<P>> How can a black man <BR>>have respect for himself if he <BR>>calls any of his sisters/mother/aunt/whoever a <BR>>bitch? <P>I've never called any guy a dog or my nigga (unless it was in a *very* sarcastic way with certain of my friends) and certainly no woman a bitch. I might say to someone "Stop bitching" but that has nothing to do with gender.<P>>It doesn't work. <BR>>They don't coexist. A bitch <BR>>is a female dog. Don't <BR>>let popular music convince you that <BR>>it is ok to call ANY <BR>>black queen a bitch. <P>While that's true, not all women (Black, White, Asian...) are queens. "Nor do I call every nigga my brother", as one guy said.<P>AIM: mke1978<P>"L'actualité régionale: c'est vous qui la vivez, c'est nous qui en vivons"<BR>In English:<BR>"Local news: you live it, we live off it"<BR>- Jules-Edouard Moustic, 20H20<P>"I'm spittin' lies/But she's none the wise"<BR> - Roots Manuva (check the fantastic album "Brand New Second Hand")<P><P>