Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWell...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27881&mesg_id=27886
27886, Well...
Posted by guest, Fri Nov-26-99 06:26 PM
Thought may <BR>>have just been falling into that <BR>>trap. I've slipped a couple of <BR>>times. Personally I feel that the <BR>>term has just become generic and <BR>>acceptable to the masses of hip <BR>>hop heads and artists that have <BR>>been bombarded by it for so <BR>>many years. Kind of sad really. <BR>>Thought is a respectable cat, though. <P><BR>See, that's just the thing! I had him in my mind as this individual who stood apart from other MC's beyond simply being nice lyrically. I thought there were principles there. Your point is taken as far as Thought having a temporary slip and otherwise being a good guy. <P>Nobody's perfect, but I don't think I, as a woman who owns so much Roots material, should just ignore the fact that heretofore I had NEVER heard thought say such a thing. <P>If it's out of character, fine. If not, I plan to change the direction of my viewpoint and my cashflow.<P>Maybe folks don't understand how serious that is. Maybe people don't care about the dignity of women anymore. Well, I do, and I can't have one of my favorite MC's throwing that word around like that!<P>Ms. Thang