Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDisappointing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27881&mesg_id=27882
27882, Disappointing.
Posted by guest, Fri Nov-26-99 12:56 AM
I like this thread for two reasons.<P>1)You fail to be on the nuts of The Roots and hesitate to disagree with them simply because they are the focus of this website. They can learn and grow from us too.<P>2)I noticed the same shit<P>As a male I have to say that lingo passes around and becomes contagious in male circles. Thought may have just been falling into that trap. I've slipped a couple of times. Personally I feel that the term has just become generic and acceptable to the masses of hip hop heads and artists that have been bombarded by it for so many years. Kind of sad really. Thought is a respectable cat, though. Hopefully you disagreeing with him will have him thinking next time he goes out and says shit that is irresponsible (no, I don't believe that artists are responsible for their fans at all BUT a person, artist or not, needs to learn who their friends and enemies are and take care of their "friends", feel me?) towards those fans that see him as more intelligent than that. <P>VIS<P>"I'd rather stimulate your mind than emulate your purpose"--ACEYALONE