Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe not knowing always inform us if their ignorance.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27806&mesg_id=27827
27827, The not knowing always inform us if their ignorance.
Posted by guest, Thu Jan-06-00 11:58 PM
First off, I would like to thank you for the beautiful music you've contributed to putting out here,and advancing as well as furthering the art of black music. NOw straight up I remind you of this, simple reality. One of the greatest albums of all time, KIND OF BLUE. YOu know the drums, you know how they sound. Has anyone on here ever even mentioned Miles to you. Dig this man, TOny Williams, do they know about Tony, or Danny Richmond, or Elvin Jones. Hell no, they don't. Sheeeiiiit, they probably thank jazz is Winton Marsalis and Kenny G. lol... ANyway man. I live, breath study and was raised in a household full of the roots of black music going all the way back to the first instrument, mouth, body and drum. But not to go off on a tangent man, these cats have no clue what that rimshot is all about, nor do they understand building up moods with rhythm. I mean these cats is talking about you try to sound like a drum machine. man fuck that, do they even understand what a drum machine does. I doubt it. At any rate. I love your work on not only the Roots but D's shit as well. Especially D's shit. I was at the concert in Frisco were you had two drummers to attempt to produce your sound and they couldn't. I mean check, these cats don't have a clue about communication, soul communication and getting that musical Vibe you and D got. Yall niggas is str8 connected you here me. I here it in the way yall talk about each other as well as the music. And that is most likely why he built songs around what your drums did. At anyrate, these are people who either want flashy gaudie, Timbo shit, or that old fashioned as 2-4 shit you know. Just the way you transition in you r style is the shit. But yo' sorry to bore you man.<BR>But on the real I respect you and take direction from you and D musically. Ya'll is lookin' like the new Mingus and Richmond, for reall, Miles and Philly Joe. Straight up though.<BR> Just a question how do you feel about Prince live 1984, "When Doves Cry" the one with the bass in it. That shit is the ultimate Prince tear jerker for me, especially when he tears his hat off and just throws that shit.<BR>Halla at me on here or in E-mail.<BR>Keep leading and ascending Quest. Cuz the knowing is certainlly understanding.<BR>PEACE:<BR>AKHENATON aka, SANTERO.