Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAHh I never said quest wasnt good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27806&mesg_id=27825
27825, AHh I never said quest wasnt good
Posted by jefleejohnson, Tue Jan-04-00 11:44 PM
What I said was that quests goal to play like a drum machine on tracks doesnt make sense to me. Why not use a drum machine if its so difficult in the end to do that? AND also I wondered why I didnt hear hardly any snare. And I didnt diss quest it was just questioning why...People got riled up but really I wanted to sincerely know the reason why quest didnt have a snare sound hardly. Now I have that answer D picked the sounds. Oh and quest as for dissing show off drummers WELL... if you are good at showing your fills and ish it then I say do it when the time is right. Can you say Steve Smith? I knew you could. I know Quest is a great drummer I never said that I just questioned the drum sounds THAT is all. Aint nothing wrong with that ID question ya mama if she bought Pure Moods off the Tv when you can get it in the stores for less. Im just a inquisitive person aint no need for "YOUUUU HAVE DESECRATED THE HOLY TEMPLE OF QUESTLOVE" from the fans. I am much as a fan as you its just I operate on different terms. I asked George Duke why he stopped doing jazz fusion albums and he told me in a email. I asked him matter of factly "Did you know alot people give you alot of flack for making contempoary sounding stuff?? " And he answered me in a great way. I always wonder about musicians its part of my quirks. It leads me to other paths and things. Thats why I ask the things I do on here.