Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI need a mezzo-soprano
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27806&mesg_id=27817
27817, I need a mezzo-soprano
Posted by CNOTE, Sat Jan-01-00 06:59 AM
>first of all, in this day and <BR>>age of swiss cheese, who are <BR>>you comparing me to? i mean <BR>>if i wasn't so vocal, you <BR>>wouldn't know that my shit was <BR>>me playing. you would asume that <BR>>it was a machine. <BR>>eff it. maybe i had one to <BR>>many sours tonight (new years) but <BR>>i never brag on my shit. <BR>>but when it comes to "voodoo". <BR>>i'm sorry. i will turn into <BR>>a monster. can you listen to <BR>>"player, player" and not sit still? <BR>>i mean money please. my shit <BR>>is funky like mildew drawers. my <BR>>style varies on "voodoo". it's just <BR>>a coincidence that all my rim <BR>>shot funk shits got choosen. i <BR>>did deep snare. no snare. rock <BR>>shits. i did it all. but <BR>>these are the songs d choose. <BR>><BR>>but as for me. sorry but i <BR>>will always keep my shit funky <BR>>and disiplined. i hate show off <BR>>ass drummers cause they selfish and <BR>>always tryin to show their skills. <BR>>eff that, my bank account stays <BR>>full because, i keep my shit <BR>>funky, and in the pocket. this <BR>>ain't "tom sawyer"..... <BR>><BR>><BR>><BR>><BR>>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't <BR>>have enough money to buy you <BR>>a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" <P>as a fellow drummer I'd like to say that if I had to choose a sound to stick with for the rest of my life it would be somewhere between you and Carter Beauford- but what I'm trying to get at was that I'd like to hear your approach to different sounds. its just to bad that D left those sounds out, I'd like to listen to a track and be fooled every once and a while(damn that was quest, I didn't think he could get down like that!) so I guess I have to say something nice after talking about your style so I'll end with this, I played Double Trouble for a "I can't stand hip-hop white dude" and when the intro to the track began-his ears perked up and but he still tried to front until I told that those drums were live, the result was he bought all a The Roots ablums and has become questluv afficianado-peace<P>Its not paranoid when they are really out to get you"-Unknown