Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectVoodoo already a backlash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27806&mesg_id=27806
27806, Voodoo already a backlash
Posted by jefleejohnson, Wed Dec-29-99 08:17 PM
Some people who heard voodoo said it sounds really similar. And alot of what im hearing has to do with the drums. Which brings to my interesting question. WHAT is Questloves obsession with sounding like a drum machine when he plays the drums?? Why no snare sound hardly?? I understand hes hip hop but doesnt he realize it is kind of monotonous?? Im just saying why does Ummah and Questlove think their new drums are "Da hypnotic " to me its the "LA-CONIC" ALl the drums sound the same. Doesnt Quest understand the absurdity of sounding like a drum machine when you have the skills of his caliber?? I dont get it...and believe me you are gonna get flack from it. From not just critics but drummers. IT doesnt add up and it just limits yourself as a drummer. I think personally quest should rethink because brother if people could play like you they wouldnt be using drum machines in the first place. When I listened to left n right I thought why does somebody want to sound like a drum machine?? Does this have somethin to do with getting it played on the radio?? Or do you prefer to sound like a drum machine?? The last thing we want quest is you sounding like trackmasters on a track. <P>