Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectfunk-
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27744&mesg_id=27761
27761, funk-
Posted by Mpozi, Wed Jan-19-00 09:58 PM
I would appreciate it if in your rush to find some middle ground upon which we can all peacefuly coexist, you would not attribute unconfirmed emotional states to those refuting an utterly refutable comment. I was neither angered or upset by Jimbo's comments. Without attempting to define others opinions, i say again-<P>Jimbo, you are a fucking idiot...<P>there, calm as the day i was born.<P>I offer no alternative interpretations of the album cover. I don't need to. My arguement has nothing to do with how good or bad the album is or isn't. I am strictly addressing the innate sense of self- rightous racial superiority evident in Jimbo's post. It is an attitude prevalent in the society in which Common and I were born, in which our fathers were born and in which our children will be born. <P>I would like for someone to find fault in my statements. Without resorting to some "One Day We'll be Together" type speech. I do not beleive in any form of equal co-existance in which the formerly "superior" party is free to cover their ears and scream " DA LA DA DA DA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!!!" when the music stops and the actual dialouge begins. I understand as i said before that the true state of race relations for the post MTV generation (post reagen/bush for some cats) can be a bit of a shock. But please, save yourselves the agony of feeling alienated when you show up unprepared. Talk to your parents.<P>and again people, this is a solvable problem only if you realise that you invited yourselves to the party.<P>Mpozi<P>