Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHill Street
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27744&mesg_id=27757
27757, Hill Street
Posted by guest, Thu Jan-20-00 03:29 PM
I'm making a sort of a ridiculous and unintelligent addition to the conversation, but I was watching Hill Street Blues reruns last night and one of the guys said about racism something like you get into this thought process.. whites hate blacks.. blacks ban together and think all whites hate blacks.. and whites see the blacks banning together and get nervous thinking they're all out to get whites. You think about it so much and you can't stop thinking about it when all you really want to do is live your life.<P>That's about what the guy said. My point is that racism is probably never going to disappear. But the reason for that is that we all think about it too much. Even those of us that have love in our hearts for all people think about what color we are too much. If we just live our lives we'd be better. If someone around us is racist or someone treats us with a racist attitude, then release the hounds and deal with it. But I don't see how Common's album cover is in any way offensive to whites. I am white, and I was not offended. None of us should ever be offended by art unless it is made with a malicious intent to offend. That album cover is just art. Let it be.