Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMY POINT WAS...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27744&mesg_id=27756
27756, MY POINT WAS...
Posted by incogx, Thu Jan-20-00 10:45 AM
peace,<P>i had a feeling that quoting that line would probably be contreversial. i wasn’t saying its right to not watch the bulls because they have too many white boys. <BR>the main reason i wrote that post was to stress the point that i don’t understand how a lot of white people get really bent out of shape over things like the photo on the ad. i see your point about that particular lyric but i still stand behind my previous post. if a white person said the same thing about black ball players it would be VERY different. the reason being that we live in a society where the playing feild isn’t level.<BR>that was my point about why the N-word has so much more impact than a word like honkey. a lot of things impact black people a lot harder than white people, the reason being that the word nigger has a deep andd painful history while honkey & cracker were just retaliations. retaliations that have no link to any struggle that white folks had to endure. the n word on the other hand is directly linked to countless acts of brutalization throughout this country’s history. <BR>sure there are white folk that have it bad & are struggling but as a whole black people are struggling FAR WORSE & we have been intentionally held down (we sure as hell didn’t introduce crack to our communities, we dont bring the guns to the hood, & it’s not our fault that inner city schools are a joke).<BR>so before i get too long winded (too late), what i’ve been trying to say is that certain things are different coming from a black mouth than a white one.<BR>& for the record i don’t think the cover was any kind of subtle attack on white people. it is a metaphor for the title. & maybe its there to remind us that even though we can drink from any fountain things havent really changed all that much.<P>Oh & jimbo, i still think you’re Buggin’.<P>1ne<BR>incog poetic<P>“my worst verse got ya LP shook, i quake earth/ like los angels from all angles, i gave birth/ to the ruckus..”<BR>-that incog guy