Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecta question for EVERYONE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27744&mesg_id=27755
27755, a question for EVERYONE
Posted by guest, Thu Jan-20-00 07:22 AM
“don’t watch the bulls <BR>>no more, they got too many <BR>>white boys.” that lyric isn’t racism, <BR>>it’s a MANIFESTATION OF BLACK FRUSTRATION." <BR>I have a question about this statement. Is it widely agreed upon by our okayplayer family (regarless of race)? Why is it not a racist statement, what makes it not racist? If a white person was to say that they would not watch the Bulls because most of their players are Black would that be racist or could it be a manifestation of white frustration? (the frustration coming from the fact that for the most part basketball players are predominantly black and said white person is not as good at basketball as the Black members of the Bulls) This is an honest question it is not intended to start a race war, is completely hypothetical (read- nothing to do with my personal opinion) and in no way do I agree with Jimbo. Personally i think Jimbo answered his own question and if he is the great fan of Com that he says he is he should look deeper into the lyrics and the man for the answer not to various other people who are not Common because no one can answer the question better than the man who made the statement.(I realize he did ask that maybe Common could reply, maybe we need an ask Common section like ?uest and D' have). But I m not saying Jimbo handled his post/question wrong. If anyone feels they would like to discuss this seperately from the boards feel free to email me. Thankyou for any input. Peace, Anonymous<P>