Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectREAD THIS SHITT!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27744&mesg_id=27754
27754, READ THIS SHITT!!!!!
Posted by incogx, Wed Jan-19-00 07:13 PM
the first post by brainchild was mad on point so i’m just going to correct a glaring oversight that Jimbo and many amerikans make every day. you said -<P>“Common comes across as a religious and intelligent man and I would like to think he doesn't hate an entire race because of the past or because a small percentage of them might hate him for the wrong reasons.”<P>first of all how do you get hate out of the album cover & 2nd just because you claim you aren’t racist don’t speak falsely for your whole race & say that only a small % of whites hate us. if there wasn’t so much underlying hate directed at black folks everyday brothas like Comm wouldn’t have the frustration that causes statements like “don’t watch the bulls no more, they got too many white boys.” that lyric isn’t racism, it’s a MANIFESTATION OF BLACK FRUSTRATION. a lot of white racists just don’t know that they’re racists.<P>Common is an artist, one of the most brilliant that we have in the polluted world of hip hop. artists are about expression. instead of getting mad at album covers & album titles (which may not even have the meaning you assumed) you should get mad at the nation that gave birth to our frustration. <P>for real. i’m sick of white folk crying about “reverse discrimination”. that whole idea is bullshit. as a whole the harm inflicted on whites by blacks is a tiny fraction of the harm inflicted on us. you ever wonder why a brotha calling a white person honky has almost no real effect, while a white person calling a brotha nigger will 9 times out of 10 lead to violence. its because we have been used and abused in a way that white people will never know!!! white amerika has taught us first hand the TRUE meaning of racism! so puulllease don’t tell me that you’re so “dissapointed” in common. i have no beef with white folks being down with the culture, but you’ve made it clear that there are some aspects of BLACK culture y’all can’t understand. if you really don’t cop what could be the hottest album since God knowz when then you’re playing yourself. anywayz i didn’t even mean to go on this long. this was supposed to be a quick post. i can’t wait til the album drops and the label better not push the date back!!<P>peace<BR>incog poetic<P>“i express like an interstate”<BR>Common (sense dammit!!)