Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectG.O.D.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27672&mesg_id=27708
27708, G.O.D.
Posted by NuttKace, Thu Jan-20-00 10:13 PM
When I heard this song for the first time, it literally gave me chills. Com's verse so accurately sums up most of my feelings on spirituality and religion. Today in my ethics class the topic just happened to be religion. You know I was quotin this shit. I give my girl a quote everynight, and about 90 percent of them are from Common. He has a good take or dope one liner for just about any subject matter in life. He can rip any mc a new one, but at the same time, express his opinion in an intelligent and creative way on important topics. I'm not sure if I have a point here, but all you Com fans know what I'm talking about. Triple meanings and shit, making you rewind like 50 times. I fuckin love you man! I better be careful or Com's gonna have his own stalker of the month page. Late...<P>ME<P>"Who am I or they to say to whom you pray ain't right/That's who got you doin right and got you this far/ Whether you say "in Jesus name" or Hum do Allah/ Long as you know it's a bein' that's supreme to you/ You let that show towards others in the things you do."<P>-The artist formerly known as Sense