Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI get it from
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27672&mesg_id=27687
27687, I get it from
Posted by fire, Fri Jan-14-00 06:41 AM
Being a child of hip hop. That is what hip hop culture is to me. Inherently knowing what certain terms mean. Even without having them defined to you. But I don't think Common meant kids being all black people, just those that speak the truth, conciously or subconciously. <P>Quez, are you on a search for the meaning of life or something? (I don't mean this sarcastically either) Like are you in college? Are you in high school? Are you a grown man married w/kids? I just want to get an idea of where you are in your life, cause you seem to be looking for the deeper meaning of exact points. Usually a "paragraph, verse, etc.", has a main idea or subject that can't be broken down into separate sections. That is the foundation of poetry and thus rap.<P>"I'm not only the Unclefucker Club President, I'm also a client" - #1 Unclefucker<P>"I am not a criminal" - Richard Nixon<P>" I did not kill Tupac, I don't know who did" - Suge Knight<P>"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - Bill Clinton<P>"I do not own, nor did I possess a gun that night" - Puff Mommy<P>"I am not a racist" - John Rocker<P>"I love black people" - Jesse Helms<BR>