Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMy Common Cents Worth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27672&mesg_id=27683
27683, My Common Cents Worth
Posted by fire, Thu Jan-13-00 10:11 AM
...But the false profit by <BR>>tellin us we born sinners, Venders <BR>>of hate, got me battlin my <BR>>own mind state, At a divine <BR>>rate, <BR>I can't speak for Common, but I can try to interpret this in my own way....If you look at the history of racism in America, you will find that most white hate groups propaganda teaches that black people are born wicked. That is why they think that they are superior to us. Get it? Got it? Good. (I pray Common comes to answer your question himself, cause I can only tell you what I get out of his statements)<P><BR>I ain't in this just <BR>>to rhyme great, See the truth <BR>>in the thighs of a stripper, <BR>>the eyes of my nigga...If it's <BR>>only one, then why should it <BR>>differ...So constantly I seek it.<BR>Every person has their own set of "truths" and what they deem as truth. I was a philosophy major and I took a whole semester on "truth" and what it means to different thinkers. So I won't delve into what "truth" could possibly mean to him, you, your uncle or anyone else for that matter.<P>..Wonderin why <BR>>I gotta drink a six pack <BR>>to speak it, Took a picture <BR>>of the truth and tried to <BR>>develop it, Had proof, it was <BR>>only recognized by the intelligent, Took <BR>>the negative and positive, cuz niggas <BR>>got to live,<BR>The truth could be found in a stripper, a drug dealer, a banker or a preacher. It depends on where you're "coming from".<P> Said I got <BR>>to get more than I'm given, <BR>>Cuz truth'll never be heard in <BR>>religion, After searchin the world, on <BR>>the inside what was hidden, It <BR>>was the truth"<BR>Organized religion and religious beliefs are two different things. Organized religion is the business of religious beliefs. I'm a Christian, but I have serious issues with "the established church" You have to also remember, that the Bible we read today has been "tampered" with.<BR> <BR>"I'm not only the Unclefucker Club President, I'm also a client" - #1 Unclefucker<P>"I am not a criminal" - Richard Nixon<P>" I did not kill Tupac, I don't know who did" - Suge Knight<P>"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - Bill Clinton<P>"I do not own, nor did I possess a gun that night" - Puff Mommy<P>"I am not a racist" - John Rocker<P>"I love black people" - Jesse Helms<P>