Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDefend the master? Why should we have to?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27611&mesg_id=27664
27664, Defend the master? Why should we have to?
Posted by guest, Wed Feb-02-00 05:28 PM
Simply put, D'Angelo is a master craftsman. He is definitely a man who has tremendous talent that only those who are either artists themselves or true music connoisseurs can relate to. Although most people can groove to his sound and his vibe, most don't really understand the true nature of the content of his music. His music displays raw and deep emotion in such a poetic way that most people who don't think past "back that ass up" are not going to get it. I am very critical of music and I don't except every song as true music. Most of society today is focused on money and materialistic possessions so true musical expressions are largely overlooked by mainstream audiences. I say keep feeling D the way you do,and people like D with true talent will continue to earn a living by being true to their talent. I will support him regardless of what he brings out because I like the way he expresses himself. True artistry will change because the artist himself will change. Instead of people trying to compare one album to another, why not try to envision what growing experiences D could have been going through to inspire the creation of each album.If you dig D at all obviously you have taste so don't worry about bullshitting wanna be D'Angelo fans!