Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOk Peeps!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27611&mesg_id=27657
27657, Ok Peeps!!
Posted by Tee, Tue Feb-01-00 10:01 AM
This is not a matter of if individuals accept the album or not, because in truth if everyone was so disturbed by the hype put on VooDoo then they wouldn't have bought it. Give tha brotha a break. The time it took him to finish the album in irrelivant. He released an album didn't he?! If you ask me the brotha is doing his job, and showing his creativity. He's reaching his level, and that's truely what it's all about. Regardless of if one listens to radio or not...if you truely are a friend to his music then you would have eventually gotten the album anyway. <P>Those of you who say he's selling out...well under who's standards? The point of being a musician is first the creativity that comes with being an artist and if by chance your album is hyped up...that isn't the artists fault...if anything it's good for the artist to reep the benifits of his artistry. So those who say "sell out" that ish isn't neccesary. Ask yourself this..."Am I capable of reaching the point of creativity as D" ...If so you would have done it! Right?! Those who enjoy the album "I'm wit cha"..those who don't...well I can't find anything to say that will not hurt your feelings... :0} Tee out...