Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectoh, dear...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27611&mesg_id=27656
27656, oh, dear...
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-01-00 05:59 AM
>So I know not of what you <BR>>speak. <P>okay, mister high and mighty non-radio listener. yes, okay you are better than the rest of us. i don't listen to urban contemporary stations either, but i do know what's being played. my head's not stuck in the sand (or elsewhere).<P>>But I think we're in a sorry <BR>>state when your defense to "Voodoo" <BR>>(an album that took 5 years <BR>>to release and, in a disguisingly <BR>>sinister way, was promoted, plotted and <BR>>hyped as much as an N' <BR>>Sync release, just to a markedly <BR>>different crowd)is not "it's a brilliant <BR>>piece of work", but rather, "at <BR>>least it's better than the crap <BR>>you hear on the radio". <P>it is YOUR OPINION that the album is not brilliant. i don't think anyone here is saying it's only marginally better than what's on the radio. in my post, i was simply saying "there's nothing to defend" when you can create music like D' has.<P>from your original post on this thread, it seems as if you're really incensed that the album took five years. is it possible that the man wanted to take some personal time to do other things? or did he need your permission to do so? if your main problem is the time factor, i'm sorry the years went by so slowly for you.<P>>Again, I like the album. It's good. <BR>>But sorry, I'm not sycophantically singing <BR>>the album's praises like every other <BR>>poster here.<P>oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! :) <P>deejaydub