Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwell dj yella,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27611&mesg_id=27648
27648, well dj yella,
Posted by qoolquest, Mon Jan-31-00 11:56 PM
no one asked you to dick ride voodoo.<P>but, "mr sony/columbia" you could water donnie's plants for all i know (what is your position at sony, since you were "in the office"?). well while you were chilling with donnie, i was actually on the phone with D and Lauryn. i was at the studio with d and lauryn. i know the real reason why she declined to do this record. and trust me it was not the label (perhaps they would resist if she at least did it, but she didn't.)<P>and just because BROWN SUGAR came out in 95 dosn't mean it's taken him 5 years to make. that's like you sayin it took 8 years for the black thought solo record to come out. *since his first joint came out in 92.) BS was over in 1996. we finished in 1999. count em 1 2 3? 3 to me! <P>if you feel that way then so be it. but "good" means to me "okay". (yes here is the roasting) you mean to say you can name 5---fuck it 3 artists today who freak backround vocals like "the root". matter of fact who else is freaking anything that sounds like "the root" or "africa"? wait ......aren't i doing what i said i woldn't do? eff that, since you made that statement, why should i stay up til 5am writing out a thesis?<P>you write it! defend it. all that!! not no "where's the melody" or the music sounds the same bullshit. specifics mr industry. i'll start you off:<P>ex: player player. the vocals sound muddy (don't go there cause i'll just say "what about brilliant marvin?" who layered his shit ungodly?<P>or how come you guys didn't use a better texture of keys in "greatdayinnnamorning"? or "africa"sounds muddy" (off which i'll reply THERE'S A ROIT GOIN ON was praised by critics and is reguarded as a masterpiece, and that's muddy as fuck. same goes for "dirty mind".<P>so did roy play an offensive horn chord?<P>wanted charlie hunter to try harder next time?<P>lemme guess drums are boooooooring huh? <P><P>"niggas be like 'oh he changed his style up'.....SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STILL A DICKRIDER!!!!.....<P>-redman, pick it up, 1996<P><P><P><P><P><BR>THE SOULQUARIANS<BR>chewy (quest).....jan<BR>luke (d)........feb <BR>lando (jaydee)......feb<BR>cp30 (james poyser).....jan<BR>r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan<BR>hans (chaos)........jan<BR>anakin (lil mike)......feb<P>honorary members:<BR>kelo- soulacorn.......jan<BR>common- soulcies......march<BR>erykah- soulcies......feb<BR>