Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti'm lovin it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27611&mesg_id=27615
27615, i'm lovin it...
Posted by Mpozi, Sat Jan-29-00 03:25 PM
my non cd player havin ass is just bumpin the cassette in the car betwen photo assignments (i really don't want to get out the car half the time- soundud interuptus right?)... but after years of tryin to get people to listen to the roots, and een possibly comprehend the concept of a CAREER in music (as opposed to a single to single existence) i'm not suprised people are bitchin about voodoo... but i'm exhausted by it all... i couldn't understabd Bitches Brew at firt listen, and i still don't like Tutu, but that didn't make me dis Miles for some easy listening Kenny G type shit! <P>it just kills me that some people don't want to "grow" with an artist or group o artists, expectig inovation and change and other types of unexpected shit... geez...<P>as far as the vibe/source situation, at risk of biting a hand that has fed me, i wish they would push the smae envelopes they did when i was still exited about working for them...<P>quick voodoo question- the sister in the photo (on the vinyl sleeve) on D's right- isn't she from philly? cause if she is (and this is just me being silly and connecting dots) she was on the back cover of DYW- the short natural haired woman with the white shirt and back to the camera- i just remember her so wel cause it took HOURS of work to keep that shirt from being so "blown out" that the print wouldn't look right...<P>anyway congrats to you again mr ?uest daddy! <P>love the rim shots.... love em...<P>PoZi (;=