Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMy Thoughts On Defending Voodoo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27611&mesg_id=27612
27612, My Thoughts On Defending Voodoo
Posted by guest, Sat Jan-29-00 10:18 AM
How tired I am really depends on who I'm arguing with. If it's just another member of the music-consuming-massess, I really can't get to upset. I might sigh sadly, or think about how we've got to change how people listen to music, but I don't expect them to listen to an album that deeply. If it's another music-educated person who's saying something bad about the album, I've found that most of these people actually don't have that much to say. They're just uncomfortable with it (in other words, not ready), so it's not like I could sit up all night breaking the album apart to prove my point. And some classic albums just get dissed like that (like Paul's Boutique or Critical Beatdown), It'll take some people years to catch up. Also, when it comes to hip-hop I'm used to having to defend myself, cause my tastes are really varied, so half of the heads hate me half the time. (That used to really frustrating.) And Voodoo is not always an easy album to like, especially compared to Brown Sugar. That said, it's also so good I've had a hard time listening to any other new album for the last six days, cause they all sound so weak next to D's record. So fuck what you think, it's about what you know.<P>"...one finger is in the air/ and one is in the chamber/ y'all ask me what the fuck i'm doing/ i'm releasing anger..." - Andre, OutKast, 1994