Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectNot To Diss Resurection, But, The Way I See It
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27546&mesg_id=27556
27556, Not To Diss Resurection, But, The Way I See It
Posted by guest, Thu Feb-03-00 04:12 PM
One Time For Your Mind is the "weakest" track on Illmatic. I've always felt like Watermelon is the best track on Reseruction. But I like One Time For Your Mind more than I like Watermelon. Or I Used To Love Her or Sum Shit I Wrote. And I can't even compare those songs to NY State Of Mind or Memory Lane. I don't know how the two can be compared. I can name dozens of albums better than Resurection. I can name only a couple better than Illmatic. They both came out in 94. What do I think was better than Illmatic in 94? Nothing. Better than Resuection? Illmatic, Ready To Die, Southernplayalisticadicalmuzik, Do You Want More, Stress: The Extinction Agenda, The Sun Rises In The East. Fuck it, The Beatnuts album. Not dissing Resurection, but I don't see the comparison. In lyrics, let alone production. (No diss to No ID either, but that's really far-fetched.)<P>"...one finger is in the air/ and one is in the chamber/ y'all ask me what the fuck i'm doing/ i'm releasing anger..." - Andre, OutKast, 1994