Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectmy two cents...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27464
27464, my two cents...
Posted by spacecowgirl, Tue Feb-08-00 09:32 AM
i don't think it's a question of anyone's talent. it's actually very simple. common had 3 albums that were dope lyric and production wise (and yes, Ressurection is a classic album). if the production on the albums was whack then it wouldn't be a question as to why he's working with other producers. but being that the production was tight, i can understand why one would question his decision to work with another producer. no one is questioning the talent of his new production team. yeah, yeah, we all know that ?, jay-dee and d are tight but that's irrelevant. he was dope with no i.d and there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will be just as amazing with this other direction. i'm sure that if tariq suddenly decided to form another band or to completely abandon the band format and work with a producer instead. headz would be asking why he left the band or why he would want to work exclusively with timberland when he had a great thing going with the Roots (musicians). i think it's a very good question. i'm sure people are still going to buy the album because the producers are very reputable producers and Common is still one of the top five illest mc's in everyones opinion.<BR>peace,<BR>spacecowgirl