Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe state that is ILL, is now actin sour
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27456
27456, the state that is ILL, is now actin sour
Posted by krisAnu, Mon Feb-07-00 12:12 PM
this whole notion of Comm not reppin Chi-town is absurd! i cannot imagine an artist be so emphatically open and direct about their hometown as Comm. you know how some cats you learn later on about where they're from?...well can you imagine some blind listener possibly not knowing where Comm is from and finding out 2 or 3 years later?? impossible right? what does that tell you? i mean this cat has been paying his homage to his home from day one. you couldn't hear a line without some windy city reference or connotation. just because he moved to brooklyn ya'll are gonna try to say he sold or that he isn't hometown love no more? that is wack ass greedy bullish. saying Comm is not Chicago is like saying MOs or Biggie isn't Brooklyn, it doesn't matter where they are on the map, everybody knows...fuck that everybody FEELS the love that these cats have for their hometowns. and just because he isn't going to be spittin shouts to local highschools and what not does not mean that he has no love anyomore or that he is not repping. what you want him to do, verbalize the same shit forever...like he said he is expanding. no matter what Comm does or what he says or doesn't say, you will ALWAYS feel that chicago flavor from him cause that shit is IN him, cmon yall should feel this shit. you Chi-towners shouldn't take him for granted that he's ALWAYS gonna verbalize shot outs to the local landscape...like i said you should feel that shit in him instead of having to hear him say it. yall dont' hear me (pun intended). i guess its like if you do something for somebody, pretty soon they will take it for granted and expect it from you. caus i'm sayin for real yall better realize and appreciate the blessing of having someone like Comm representing your city because its sad the kind of treatment that yall are giving...but it probably doesn't even matter cause my man probably doesn't give a 2 cents fu@#k!! thats why i love him.<P>p.E.a.C.E,<BR>krisAnu<P>"i drop heavy in spots you scared to put your weight on, theres only so much ice you can skate on." -Common Sense<P>"aint nuthin worse than a wack emcee, unfortunately, thats all that surrounds me." <BR>-Jeru<P>"fuck thought, it leads to naught, simply stated it leads to you tryin' to figure me out." -Saul Williams<P>"speech is my hammer, bang the world into place, now let it fall." - MoSdEf