Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectbut...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27455
27455, but...
Posted by ILLWILL, Mon Feb-07-00 01:33 AM
>At this point in my career and <BR>>life, I wanted to try new <BR>>things. since I became aware of <BR>>the Roots, JayDee, D'Angelo, Premier, and <BR>>James Poyser, I've been wanting to <BR>>work with them. <BR>>I felt that we were just on <BR>>the same wavelength with the same <BR>>destination. It's not like I won't <BR>>ever work with NO ID again, <BR>>but damn, I gotta do the <BR>>same thing every album? The shit <BR>>get boring if you can predict <BR>>everything I'm going to do and <BR>>you could expect to hear a <BR>>certain sound. <P>Like I've been telling Ahmir, we all have complete confidence in you and everybody you worked with, that you're going to bring a dope ass album and that the production will be top notch. Change can be a wonderful thing, there's nothing wrong with you trying different things. It's just that your core audience (the cats who remember your young ass in the Soul By The Pound video, riding in that jeep with your voice squeeking and saying shit about the Chi), we are used to hearing you and Dion make dope shit. I personally love Ressurection, and One Day and Can I Borrow A Dollar? is a dope album too, hell I even like Dion's album (the beats were sick). So being that we're so used to this tandem and we actually LOVE this tandem, we're obviously upset that he's not on ANY part of the album. All I know is that as long as you drop the dopest album that you possibly can, then I'll be more than satisfied though as will all the people who are slightly in doubt. Your Chicago peoples still love your shit. We may have been a little perturbed that you moved to NY, but for the most part we understood that for your own musical growth, it was the best move. This is like that, we're perturbed that Dion won't be on the album, however as long as your shit is on point, then we will be happy and continue to support.<P>>Sinista cut on the album. <P>no doubt, that's definitely good to hear.<P>>We got some non-believers out there!!! <BR>>Dot Com <P>not really non-believers, moreso cats who just want your best shit to come out of this album, or else the shit talkers are gonna come out of nowhere with "I knew that nigga shoulda stayed with NoI.D." But like I said before, as long as you drop another dope ass album and keep growing as an artist, then that will not even be an issue.<P>"I'm coming after U, like the letter V"---Lo of Binary Star<P>"I'm deadlier than having cyanide in your pores"---Juice<P>"Put 'em on the glass, girl!!!"---Sir Mix A Lot <BR>