Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBusiness is business...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27453
27453, Business is business...
Posted by guest, Mon Feb-07-00 07:13 PM
... by my statement business is business,I meant that Common changed labels. Mabye there was a clause or something requiring him to move.Ok then, business is business. Most artist in the spot light need to be at the heart of the scene, which happens to be N.Y. As far as the album is concerned, yes he had to grow as an artist. I personally feel the new joint will be on point. Your statement about Twilite Tone, come on now!!!! Are you from Chicago? That shit was the worst. I know niggaz gotta eat, but what does that say about a persons character when he totally sacrifices quality and artistic values for some chump change! WGCI sells and promotes Booloo Master before TT(slap in the face if you ask me).Next, the songs are passed off as remixes. THEY ARE NOT REMIXES!!! He simply looped the break kicked the wackest of rhymes(made puffy look like the old Rakim)and continued the song with his voice in the background.This is wrong,dead wrong. So I'ma leave it there cuz that shit is upsetting me, cuz I can do that shit in my bedroom.<BR> <BR>ONE...........<P><P>"Rappers,get on the mic talkin bout cars and clothes, soundin like hoes...ain't been exposed to the foes of most disciples, I'm from a state that is Ill." ~Common-UNIverse at war~ <P>pro`found' ,adj.~ 2.Intellectually deep;thorough.<P>lyr'ic ,adj~ 1.composition in stanzas,and expressive of the poet's feeling rather than outward events and may take special form,as ode, sonnet, hymn, or any number of verse schemes