Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectGive Com room to grow!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27450
27450, Give Com room to grow!
Posted by Nij, Mon Feb-07-00 12:57 AM
I love the fact that Common loves his home city - that is one the great things about him. He holds it down for Chicago ('comin from Chica - but yo, I gotta go go'). I love hearing all the references to Jew City and 'V hoes' etc. and I am from Coventry, England (UK)!! <P>I think Com will continue to hold the name down because he is all about Chicago. And as for the Chi-town underground! Shit! They are the shit! I ain't talkin bout Crucial Conflict or them playas, I mean crews like All Natural (Capital D is THE shit!) and the Writer's Block (now Family Tree). <P>Chicago will always represent for great hip hop regardless of where Common lives. He will always shout out his home, cuz he ain't a bitch. Just because the man wants to grow musically, and albeit without No ID, the so be it. If we hadn't let D'Angelo grow, we never would have waited 5 yrs for his new album, and we never would have appreciated it. D went in a new direction and found perfection. Let Com do the same too!<P>Peace<P>Nij