Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHey Rasheed!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27449
27449, Hey Rasheed!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-06-00 08:28 PM
You are a native son of chicago brother.I have all of the love in the world for you as an artist whom I've never personally met. I feel much of what you say because of the fact that we grew up the same way, doin shit native to chi(i.e. drinking in the parking lot behind C.V.S, no doubt you used to bullshit at the plaza too, chillin at funtown/now a jewels n' shit...). On that note, how are you going to make references about our city being in NY. Yeah its the spot for hiphop but wheres the love?Hell yeah I love the Roots,Primo and whoever else, but all them niggaz hollerin "BROOKLYN", "ILLA5th/ILLADELPH".... Who's gonna represent the true heads here? Not the BRAT(nigga please),Crucial Conflict,Do or Die,Twista? We got mad undaground crews who cant for some reason blow up, you have surpassed that berrier, so now you jet to NY? Dont get me wrong, Business is Business, I understand but realize the niggaz that felt you the most are now the ones feeling left in the cold. I understand about NO I.D, and fuck Y-Not's WGCI wack rhymes over Destiny's child music havin ass.Do what you do best but show a little more love to home!!!<P> ...ONE....<BR> <BR>"Rappers,get on the mic talkin bout cars and clothes, soundin like hoes...ain't been exposed to the foes of most disciples, I'm from a state that is Ill." ~Common-UNIverse at war~ <P>pro`found' ,adj.~ 2.Intellectually deep;thorough.<P>lyr'ic ,adj~ 1.composition in stanzas,and expressive of the poet's feeling rather than outward events and may take special form,as ode, sonnet, hymn, or any number of verse schemes<BR>