Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBuy the album
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27446
27446, Buy the album
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-06-00 05:47 PM
I thought that he <BR>>should have stuck with No I.D., <BR>>Doug Infinite and Y-Not, instead of <BR>>going with Jay Dee, Primo and <BR>>the Roots. <P>At this point in my career and life, I wanted to try new things. since I became aware of the Roots, JayDee, D'Angelo, Premier, and James Poyser, I've been wanting to work with them. <P>I felt that we were just on the same wavelength with the same destination. It's not like I won't ever work with NO ID again, but damn, I gotta do the same thing every album? The shit get boring if you can predict everything I'm going to do and you could expect to hear a certain sound. It's time for some new soul music and in come the Soulquarians. <P>What ?uestlove was talking about the classic...that's his opinion.<P>And <BR>>no disrespect to Primo (my all <BR>>time favorite prodcucer), The Roots, and <BR>>Jay Dee, I think that if <BR>>it isn't broke then don't fix <BR>>it. <P>But, damn, a nigga can't do something new? Try something new. I love music and I love the musicians I work with.<P>Wait till you hear the album.<P>March 28th.<P>Also is <BR>>Mista Sinista still gonna be Com's <BR>>DJ? <P>Sinista cut on the album. NO ID is working on production for other artists. NO ID and I worked on a song for this album, but we knew if it wasn't top of the line, we couldn't release it.<P>We got some non-believers out there!!!<P>Dot Com<P>