Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectno offense
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27438
27438, no offense
Posted by J_Sun, Fri Feb-04-00 08:35 AM
But fuck east coast fans if they don't wanna hear Chicago refrences. I'm not saying Common is going to do that, but if his is disregarding Chicago to become more universal, that's wrong. How many time have you heard NY (or Philly for that matter)refrences by rappers on records. It don't bother me none, and I don't think it should bother any real hip hop heads anywhere if Common mentions "Harold's" or "Jew Town" or any thing like that. I'm not saying Common is dissing Chicago now, we'll have to wait til we hear the record. Personally I don't think he will disregard his hometown. I just feel he's not showing love like he used to (i.e. not using No ID or MOVING).<P>There are millions of stars, but there's only one Sun.<P>J-Sun - Professional Weed Smoker<BR>T.O.P.A. Chief Kneecap Shatterer<P>"Still pull the hoes most likely to succeed. Where that ni&&a J-(Sun)? Most likely smokin weed" - Tash<P>"Individuals who are never satisfied with the static standards set by the masses. The masses have always been lethargic. They have always opposed greatness for it is beyond them to even comprehend greatness" - 3rd Bass