Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectQuest, you took that in the wrong way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27425
27425, Quest, you took that in the wrong way
Posted by Focus, Wed Feb-02-00 10:04 PM
I wasn't questioning or knocking your ability to produce an excellent album. The work that you a Jay Dee did on Voodoo helped create what I consider to be one of the best albums that has ever blessed my ears. And the two songs that you've done with Com (three including the remix of Reminding Me) have been amazing. "Act Too" is one of the best songs I've heard in the last few years. However, I feel that No I.D.'s production on Com's previous LPs fit the lyrics perfectly and the age old saying "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" applies to this situation in my opinion. When I said that all of Com's albums were classics, I was exagerating a bit. But, I do feel that Resurrection is an undeniable hip hop classic. In my opinion not only is a classic an album that doesn't need a fast forward button but also one can be listened to repeatedly without ever becoming "boring" to the listener, and for me Resurrection is that. Just curious but what tracks do you fast forward through on Resurrection? Sorry if you thought I was attacking your ability, but I was just curious as to what the deal was with the new LP and No I.D.