Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectResurrection a Caprice (Classic) to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27407&mesg_id=27415
27415, Resurrection a Caprice (Classic) to me
Posted by TocSIQ, Thu Feb-03-00 06:40 AM
3 points.<P>1- Resurrection does hold classic status for me. i admit being from chi i might have some bias, but i think it'd be classic if i was from omaha, or if Com was representing nyc. the intricate lyricism is the main strngth of the album, but to me the production is butter as well.<P>2- dissapointed no chicago connections (noid, ynot, sean lett, etc.) on the new album. not trying to hold com back, but i don't see the need to completely change his collaborators. i hope he still keeps chi in his subject matter though. i wonder if the shift away from working w/ other chi artists was a result of his move to BK, or the other way around.<P>3- without doubt, i believe the new album will be uncontrollably dope, and i know the Roots and Jay Dee will hook up some lovely beats, but i still stick by point #2.<P>"everybody and their momma knows that you came quick, quicker than a pizza, from Domino's" - Common Sense