Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectEff a mp3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27231&mesg_id=27289
27289, Eff a mp3
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-13-00 08:35 PM
>You work well over a year on <BR>>something pouring everything into it and <BR>>don't even get to present it <BR>>the way you want to. <BR>>People say they are going to buy <BR>>it, but they know they won't. <P>Tell me you're not gonna switch up the album just cause some internet kids got a hold of it early. Man, on the real, it pisses me off when artists change their albums to "fool" the mp3 kids. Nas scrapped some nice material last year cause bootleggers got it early. Deck did it. Mobb Deep. Look, yo. Present the album the way you want it. I wanna see YOUR vision. Eff a mp3. If they get the album two months in advance, who cares? Eff them. What if bootleggers got a hold of "Illmatic" two months before its release? Should Nas have scrapped 3 or 4 cuts and replaced them with some thrown-together-at-the-last-minute-to-foil-bootleggers tracks or should he have just put out the 9 track album the way he originally saw it - knowing full well that a lot of heads would have already heard the album? I'm sayin. Don't let these mp3 kids change hip-hop. If they get your joint early, eff it. It's one thing when they're cutting into album sales, but it's something totally different when they start changing albums. I'm sayin, man. Don't let them change hip-hop.<P>---------------------------<BR>"when science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it."<BR>- unknown<P>"words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."<BR>- nathaniel hawthorne<P>"whatever happens it was written, meaning God meant it..." <BR>- nasir jones