Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectprecisley why i want y'all to wait til march whenit's in the stores
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27231&mesg_id=27266
27266, precisley why i want y'all to wait til march whenit's in the stores
Posted by qoolquest, Thu Feb-10-00 07:23 AM
>What I think is called "Pimp's Ho's <BR>>Hustlas" did not turn up on <BR>>the album I got. <P>a film called PIMP is on there.<P><BR>What also happened <BR>>to "Ghetto Heaven"? The first version <BR>>I had was way tighter. All <BR>>the strings? <P>i never put strings on there. that was an unmixed version you have.<P><P>and pianos are gone <BR>>for the most part and now <BR>>D'Angelo is singing the hook (maybe <BR>>he was on the first also, <BR>>it just sounded a lot different).<P><BR>bilal demoed it so that d could know what words to sing.<P> <BR>>The shit is dope nevertheless, the <BR>>only gripe I have is not <BR>>enough hard shit like the "Payback" <BR>>or "Hot Shit" .<P>sometimes "hard shit" as you put it has to take a back seat. if shit is dope shit is dope. i consider "afrodisiac" "hard" because the beat is tight and the rhymes are tight. that is "hard" to me. a song don't have to make you wanna beat someone down just to be hard. and what about "coldblooded" "dooinit" "6th sense" and "thelonius"? <P><P><P><P> Can't complain <BR>>the album is putting the dopest <BR>>rapper and producer (Jay Dee) together <BR>>of the moment.<P>damn the others can't get a shout? james, d', and myself worked on the same ish that jay worked on too. it wasn't a solo effort.<P> I was also <BR>>happy to see somebody actually let <BR>>Slum rap on thier shit. It <BR>>seems like a lot of groups <BR>>want a Jay Dee beat, but <BR>>don't want him to bring the <BR>>group (kind of like Battin and <BR>>T3 are like his little brothers <BR>>or some shit). Enough rambling for <BR>>the moment. Although it is one <BR>>of the best records to come <BR>>out in the past couple years, <BR>>I don't think it is any <BR>>better than "Ressurection". It is obviously <BR>>a new sound for Common, but <BR>>I would have liked to see <BR>>less singing and more scratches (Sinista <BR>>of course). I understand he's probably <BR>>going to win the Badu crowd, <BR>>which is all good for him. <P><BR>see, this is where i see ignorance comin in. i bet you like outkast too and there shit be singin 24/7. you won't be considered soft if you like singin'. the only problem i have with singin is in hip-hop singin is used as a way to get on radio. but here, the reason we used bilal so friggin much is that we are truly in love with the sound of his voice. we are so honored that this jazz cat got down with us (and we blessed his record the same way) again as a whole album, skits, flow, segues, lyrics, beats, and yes chorus' this album is miles ahead of "res". i can name 4 songs i fast foward on "res". i can't recall one moment that i'll fast foward on this joint. and yeah i created it, but i'm still a fan, and anything i create i do it from a standpoint of what do i want to hear when i'm in the whip?<P>this is where i insert the obligatory "you are entitled to your opinion yada yada yada"....so that "badu" crowd is that sayin that you are "too hard" to appreciate this? all you listen to is steroids rap? ok so if we woulda scratched the chorus in.....it wouldn't have fit the songs at all. sorry dude, go get a copy of the real record and see me in one year then tell me whussup? you got cats thinkin this is an album of "reminding me of sef's". hell no we ain't goin out like that.<P><BR>THE SOULQUARIANS<BR>chewy (quest).....jan<BR>luke (d)........feb <BR>lando (jaydee)......feb<BR>cp30 (james poyser).....jan<BR>r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan<BR>hans (chaos)........jan<BR>anakin (lil mike)......feb<P>honorary members:<BR>kelo- soulacorn.......jan<BR>common- soulcies......march<BR>erykah- soulcies......feb<BR>