Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWhat happened to "Pimps Ho's Hustlas" ????
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27231&mesg_id=27264
27264, What happened to "Pimps Ho's Hustlas" ????
Posted by Jake, Thu Feb-10-00 05:16 AM
What I think is called "Pimp's Ho's Hustlas" did not turn up on the album I got. It's the beat with the Steve Davis shit Gangstarr used for the planet, anybody know the deal. What also happened to "Ghetto Heaven"? The first version I had was way tighter. All the strings? and pianos are gone for the most part and now D'Angelo is singing the hook (maybe he was on the first also, it just sounded a lot different). The shit is dope nevertheless, the only gripe I have is not enough hard shit like the "Payback" or "Hot Shit"<BR>. Can't complain the album is putting the dopest rapper and producer (Jay Dee) together of the moment. I was also happy to see somebody actually let Slum rap on thier shit. It seems like a lot of groups want a Jay Dee beat, but don't want him to bring the group (kind of like Battin and T3 are like his little brothers or some shit). Enough rambling for the moment. Although it is one of the best records to come out in the past couple years, I don't think it is any better than "Ressurection". It is obviously a new sound for Common, but I would have liked to see less singing and more scratches (Sinista of course). I understand he's probably going to win the Badu crowd, which is all good for him.