Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthank u zesi
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27144&mesg_id=27224
27224, thank u zesi
Posted by guest, Fri Feb-18-00 10:30 PM
If I hadnt lost track of time I wld have finished my message but i had to go to class. All those people looked at what I was sayin took it as an offense. Cried at lil stuff like "whte chicks". Come on now. Of all he Roots concerts n when they came to Levi's to help promote our new jeans Ive seen nothin but white peeps, and havent gotten any static. but once the concert is over, do yall really feel like we as people are still connected? Listenin to the Roots doesnt mean u have an inside view or feel what ANY minority people go through, once your cd or tape stops thats where our connectedness end, and reality comes back to u. The last role I saw a blk chick datin a white guy was with Lela Rochen n Mark Walhberg n she was playin a money hungry chick. Why hasnt George Clooney or Tom Hanks have a blk chick as a wife or as sidekick in their movies?, shit wesley snipes do. Damn I thought "Jackie Brown" wld open doors for an interracial relationship but if Foxxy Brown cant then who? Everyone cryin "its about time a movie like this has been made" duh remember Zebrahead? didnt think so. Nbushe Wrights career shld have taken off from that just like Micheal Rappaports career did. I dare anyone make a movie about a Jewish man from Crown Heights and a Black woman from Flatbush falling in love, then again yall would probably turn it into a comedy, so trash that.Like Malcom (yeah I said it Malcom) x said before we get outside help first we need to help ourselves first. And in the black community we need alot of self healing first, theres no dialogue goin on between blk chicks and blk guys, just like theres no dialogue between blk n wht people.And b4 we can start one with white people we have to get ourselves together. Dont forget white people have 50 yrs until they will become the minority, lets see what yall will think then. Check out Time magazine Jan. 17 issue if u dont believe.<BR>One, MahAgany