Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIsez
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27144&mesg_id=27223
27223, Isez
Posted by Zesi, Fri Feb-18-00 08:07 AM
ahem<BR>In this world, lets say, black women have not generally had the good end of the stick. Not at the top of the beauty pyramid in our ethnic finest, "exotic" or "beautiful" usually when some other ethnicity pops out in our appearance...a little black ain't bad (see J. Lopez) but a lot is. and that's how it is.<P>And men, with their "I don't understand" selves, think .." oh, why doesn't she like me dating white women?" <BR>weyull...<BR> I can think of a few reasons why...while black women are so very often degraded and reduced to sex fiends and angry women in the media( you think i'm jokin, watch music videos for a while)...and black women have traditionally held the black community together, and then some guy APPEARS to value some other women who APPEARS to not have come from any background like hers...<P>I dunno. People always talkin about black men, it's like they forget black women at times. Patriarchal society we live in. We have names, feelings,beings...I know black men don't have it all wonderful...but it's not like it's SO easy for black women...it's hard enough being a woman..