Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectA thought...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27144&mesg_id=27219
27219, A thought...
Posted by RamXL, Sat Feb-19-00 07:59 AM
HOW DARE YALL SAY WHAT ACTRESS RIQ CAN KISS OR NOT.....HES A PROUD BLACK MAN, WHO IS TRYIN TO STRETCH HIMSELF......I NEVER EVER HEAR SHIT ABOUT TUPAC DOIN THAT WACK THUG SHIT IN "ABOVE THE RIM"....OF COURSE, CAUSE THAT WAS "REAL" MAN FUCK THIS SHIT......HOW CAN YALL SIT THERE AND SAY YOU WONT WATCH THIS MOVIE FOR THAT REASON...A KISS....THE FACT THAT RIQ IS DOIN SOMEHTIN WHICH IS CHALLENGING IS REASON ENOUGH TO SUPPORT.....i bet there would be nan posts if riq was playin the part of a cat who slings rocks.......man yall have incorporated these prejudices and stereotypes in your own minds.....thats a dangerous thing.....LET THE MAN TRY SOMETHIN DIFFERENT.......<P><P>also....SO DOES THIS MEAN HE SHOULD NEVER PUT OUT THIS MOVIE, CAUSE THE DIRECTOR IS WHITE?!?! cause if a white guy is a director and riq is the actor, isnt that reverting back to the slave days??!?! (that dont make too much sense now do it!) <P>so how are yall gonna use a visual metaphor and translate to something as complex as race relations in America...PLEASE!! yalll sound fickle as fuck.....deal with shit like affrimitive action, the disproportionate amount of minorities in jail, the total lack and ineptitude of African amercian culture (yeah sadly most black folks are the culprits) <P>YALL SHOULDNT DARE TELL AN ACTOR WHAT ROLLS TO TAKE, SO IF HE DOES KISS A WHITE GIRL, IS HE CONFIRMING TO A SOCIAL NORM BY KISSING/NOT KISSING THIS GIRL....MAN EFF THAT..........<P><BR>think before yall speak........<P><P>One Love<BR>RamXL<BR>(b-boy advocate)<P>"Each soul is potentially divine, the goal is to manifest this divinity within by controlling nature: external and internal. Do this either by work, or worship, or psychic control, or philosophy -- by one, or more, or all these -- and be free." Swami Vivekanada<P><BR>"I, personally, believe in an art as it exists in the context of the phrase "thou art God". In this phrase, art is the word that connects the individual (thou) to their higher self (God) or to that which is universal. Using such a standard, most emcees might become embarrassed." Saul Williams<P><P><P><P>