Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectFilms=Literature
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27144&mesg_id=27200
27200, Films=Literature
Posted by guest, Thu Feb-17-00 12:56 PM
One of the most intriguing themes of Amerikkkan life is race relations. The two main dynamics of the precarious situation America has been in for 400 years are 1) the Black / Black relationship, and 2) Black / White realtionship. What an artist or a writer or a director does is explore a theme. The writer of BK Babylon chose to explore, in this dynamic of the film, the Black/White relationship. Daringly, he/she even chose a Crown Heights Black/Jewish realtionship. What better way to explore American black/white realtions than to use an interacial couple as the focus?????? In exploring this theme a viewer has to decide whether he/she felt it was a good muse on the topic, or whether it was one-sided, unthorough, etc. Now, Illa Noize you're saying the same thing that Tipper Gore, the Christian Coalition, and Dan Quayle were. And it's censorship. Instead of worrying about whether or not your fellow african-Americans SHOULD see a black man and white woman in a relationship on screen, worry about educating them on how to evaluate a theme discussed in a film so that they can make their own well thought out decisions.<P>I know this thread has probably died out (four months ago!!!lol) but tell me what chall think. <P>"Fuck this rap shit, I listen to Classical" -Jaydee