Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOh my Okayradical . . . .
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27144&mesg_id=27183
27183, Oh my Okayradical . . . .
Posted by tinyteanie, Mon Feb-21-00 05:56 AM
. . . Facts are based on experience . . . just like yours are based . . and sweetie, my Masters in Clinical Psychology is nothing to sneeze at but congratulations on your educational endeavors. Didn't think I needed a bio, but whatever.<BR>People are generalizing all over this shit . ...just cuz I play devils advocate muthafuckas get all excited, damn.<BR>Honey, many black people have an experience . ..most of the time we "relate" henceforth, it's inbedded in our culture (i.e. your mulatto mama, my mulatto daddy . . . my family used to marry each other to keept he fair skin . .howz that for institutionalized racism)<BR>But being a "person" and dealing with "people" does come with maturity and a sense of being able to handle a situation and your place in society. I'm a black woman, bottom of the damn totem pole. Don't think I don't make it a point to rub success in the white mans face . . .any where I go, i represent something that wasn't supposed to be . . . that's how I fight racism. But it took a long time to overcome and realize limitations and what was just their bullshit. And it ain't over yet, obviously. But going down the line to blame everyone for the state we're in is laborious. If enough people took responsibility for themselves as human beings, I bet racism would change a bit. We have the tools, we need to use them and demand that our voice is heard. I don't believe that a movie about racism and it's perils stops our greater good or our greater movement. The movie is about racism. Not Black Thought kissing a white girl. Check it first. Someone in your family was down, just like my white grand daddy. So don't front. Love a little brotha. <P>Tiny<BR>By the way, ain't nothin' like a good ass scratchin'. I suggest it to one and all.<BR>Tiny