Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI dunno . . .
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27076&mesg_id=27098
27098, I dunno . . .
Posted by el_rey, Tue Feb-08-00 06:13 AM
regarding:<P>>i think the whole <BR>>idea that his nakedness is some <BR>>sort of "soul-baring" is kind of <BR>>contrived. <P>and<P>>this video is on some <BR>>ol' superstar sex symbol stuff. i <BR>>think he was trying to snatch <BR>>up some of usher and backstreet's <BR>>teeny-bopper hoes... <P>I actually like RamXL's idea (below) that the video was a representation of the musical project altogether -- stripped down. If you look at his music as raw unadulterated soul, then his video representation is "here I am, raw and unadulterated; the naked truth.<P>love and respect,<BR>El Rey<P>"I prefer to speak of the impossible, because we already know too much about what is possible" Silvio Rodriguez<P>"If our profanity offends you, look around you and see how destructively society is profaning itself. It is the rape of the land, the pollution of the environment, the betrayal and suffering of the masses by corrupt government that is the real obscenity." - MOVE statement<P>FREE MUMIA!<BR>www.mumia.org<P>FREE THE MOVE 9!<P>FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS!<P>FREE YOUR SELF!<BR>www.freeyourself.com<P>"Get free y'all, get free!" - Digable Planets<P>"Get Free" - The Artist<P>