Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAllen Iverson...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27076&mesg_id=27086
27086, Allen Iverson...
Posted by bfnh, Mon Feb-07-00 10:25 AM
<P>>I know men who won't even stay <BR>>in the room if it stays <BR>>on. Like, what do they do <BR>>when they visit art galleries with <BR>>statues of naked Romans? <BR>>Kinda kidding on that, but I DO <BR>>want to know the answer to <BR>>your question. <BR>><BR>Statues are dead. they represent a life and time that none of us aspire to. they do not speak, and they are regarded out of proportion with reality. D'Angelo is quite alive and is saying things that many of us men are afraid to. and worse than that, our women are feeling him. and worse than that, he's got natural talent that we haven't got. and worse than that, he's challenged himself to grow and become better. and worse than that, he is open in his love of his family. and worse than that, he's got support from a good crew, especially a big ass bear lookin' drummer who could probably kick somebody's ass. and worse than that he's deisle. and worse than that, he's got the confidence to show that shit to the world.<P>there's nothing like someone else's confidence to bring out your masked insecurities. D'angelo brings them all to the forefront. <P>>I also want to know if men <BR>>are feeling more pressure nowadays to <BR>>have that perfect body. <BR>><BR>yup, look at the things guys are doing now. i even almost decided to stop being cock-weasel and go for the bigger look. instead, i re-read a book. we must all fatten up our muscles, i decided to get my biggest one more cut by doing more reps.<P>>I've noticed more men talking about working <BR>>out and getting diesel lately. Would <BR>>any men admit to being jealous <BR>>of how D's body looked in <BR>>that video? <BR>><BR>jealous at the reaction. like, hak ain't John-Blazin' & shit. the issue is alot of us like dude, and i don't mean *like em* like em, but it's unnerving to think that dude looks good, and we like em. so muhfuckas who are insecure will proport (sp?) their insecurities under the guise of h8.<P><BR>_______________________________________<BR>"all things considered, i'd rather be me..." - the big guy<BR>