Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIntersting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27076&mesg_id=27081
27081, Intersting
Posted by el_rey, Mon Feb-07-00 11:04 AM
<BR>>It all comes down insecurity <BR>>of self and sexuality. Guys don't <BR>>be like ya my bwoy is <BR>>a handsome dude for fear of <BR>>sounded gay when in reality it <BR>>is not. Ignorance! <P>Nebbie, I think this comment gets close to the issue at hand. I think that it is precisely those men that get uncomfortable watching the video that are uncomfortable with their own sexuality, thgat is their own feelings about sexuality when they see the video. I personally think that we are ALL attracted to D in this Video and that those who shy away from it simply DON'T want to admit to their attraction. <P>Everyone's frontin like they're the perfect specimens of heterosexuality, when I thikn we all can be attracted to the opposite sex, not in the "damn, I can't wait to get in the sack with this cat" way but more on the level of physical and emotional attraction. Another thing that must be disturbing to many MANLY-MEN is that D isn't just nekkid, like he's gettin down with some other nekkid folks (although we've talked the possibility of the final moments to death), he's nekkid in a very vulnerable and open way. this kind of vulnerability scares even the best of us, and D just put it out there yeah I'm gonna just chill here and sing for y'all nekkid.<P>Sure its an eye-candy type situation, but it also reveals the committment that D has to being a vulnerable man, emotionally and physically. The liner notes by Saul Williams (with all of the pro-feminist rhetoric)confirm this sentiment.<P>I feel like I sound all over the place with this post, but I feel like it is both the fear of vulnerability in most men, coupled with our denial of our inherent bisexuality -- our natural ability to find both sexes beautiful and sexually/spiritually electrifying (all y'all reactionaries can jump on me now).<P>Aiiiiiight, let's have it. bring it on!<P><BR>love and respect,<BR>El Rey<P>"I prefer to speak of the impossible, because we already know too much about what is possible" Silvio Rodriguez<P>"If our profanity offends you, look around you and see how destructively society is profaning itself. It is the rape of the land, the pollution of the environment, the betrayal and suffering of the masses by corrupt government that is the real obscenity." - MOVE statement<P>FREE MUMIA!<BR>www.mumia.org<P>FREE THE MOVE 9!<P>FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS!<P>FREE YOUR SELF!<BR>www.freeyourself.com<P>"Get free y'all, get free!" - Digable Planets<P>"Get Free" - The Artist<P>