Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectEff D
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27076&mesg_id=27079
27079, Eff D
Posted by Nesta, Mon Feb-07-00 10:22 AM
Just kidding, but y'all that know me, know that I'm a skinny bruh. I can eat two full pizzas every night before I go to bed for two weeks straight and will gain three pounds if I'm lucky. I'm naturally skinny and I'm a lazy mofo to bot so my black ass will not be up in anyone's gym, trying to look like D, cause it ain't gonna happen.<P>Now, don't get me wrong I do my pushups and situps and I got the three pack (the six pack takes too much work, but the stomach is flat) and I'm healthy so I can't worry about it. <P>But it would interest me if men felt pressure because of D. Women go through this bulshit daily. They see these frail ass womn on TV and in mags and use taht as their model (conscioulsy or otherwise). It's been my experience that men don't really do that, but maybe that's not the case.<P>Example(this specific example didn't actually happen, but this is a composite of many similar experiences): I'm watching TV with some woman and Jennifer Lopez comes on lookin' good and the women women cal her names, say she starves herself and that she ain't really that cute, she barfs after every meal, bullshit like that.<P>Example: A bunch of bruhs are watching MTV Awards circa 1989 and LL is performing and takes off his shirt and flexes and the men in the room say: LL been working out, lifting foreign compacts!" adn that's about teh end of the comments regarding his body and none are negative besides "he probably has a big egghead and that's why he always where's those damn hats!"<P>I never thought men felt pressue that way. Don't get me wrong men care about their appearance and they want to be in shape and all but I never felt that media images affected them to the extent that would make them want to do crazy diets like women do. Perhaps I'm wrong. And let's not throw in those body bilding types who have to workout three times a day, they're another group all together.<P><BR>Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap the motherfucker upside the head...