Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMY GOD you're doing the same SHIT!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27044&mesg_id=27060
27060, MY GOD you're doing the same SHIT!!!
Posted by tinyteanie, Mon Feb-21-00 06:25 AM
You placating shit on everyone else is the same shit you claim white folks do to you! I think I'm a pretty honest bitch . . and I say the word "bitch" because I can be . . . in any event the problem that I believe whites are on is that y'all don't understand your PRIVILEGE. Like you have the PRIVILEGE to say itwasn't your fault or to be able to live your life without stereotypes. I htink the fact that you take it as "your fault" has to do with some inner layers of guilt that has nothing to do with IllNoize or ay of the people of color on the screen.<BR>My problem with what you're saying Ill is that it AIN'T there fault. Because they are a people of "power" they hold a privilege. If you had a privilege, how would you use it? If you had some power what would you use it for? I have long legs and an ass, i use that power when seen fit. Many women do, we don't have brut strength to contend with so you use what works.<BR>For example: Lions are kings of the jungle, generaly they have the most power. Do elephants walk around trying to be Lions? Fuck no, they walk around, saggy balls and all, trying to be the best damn elephants they can be . . .<BR>Black folks are mad because they can't be white oftentimes. Then play the blame game because we can't get what we want or we let fear compensate out goals.<BR>I worked in 2 school districts. Sacramento City & Compton Unified, both in Cali. Sacramento's scores were much higher and teh direction they sent ALL of their students (me being an alumnae) was towards college and the "American" goal of education to better onesself.<BR>Compton? Took out the college center, and openly accepts that their students will NOT make it to college. Comtpon is run by black & Latino people. Now you tell me the fucking problem? I was harrassed and threatened by black parents to make it good not white!<BR>But on the other hand, I don't see no privileged white folks running to the ghetto to make a difference. They turn their heads AND THAT is where you are to blame. AS a human being for knowing shit like this happens, for allowing the Sacramento City Unified School District to pass off their20 year old books to Compton, and for the dummies in Compton's Administration to truly believe that those books are new! IT's bullshit! I had to leave becuase I was scratching my hair out and I took it very personal.<BR>All I;m saying is that each has their own bread to bring to the table. If it's hard to be black, well gotdamnit it just is! So you think of other ways around the box. White folks ain't helping so help yourself. Who knows what the next flick BT might do? I tell you what, Bamboozled has one thousand times more fucked up stereotypes than Brooklyn babylon ever will. Wait'll you see that minstrel shit. I dare say the conversation will be the same.<BR>Tiny